Join Our Team
Dear Interested Applicant,
Our mission is to bring wellness directly to communities in need by empowering skilled integrative health providers with innovative tools and resources.
Part of that commitment is creating meaningful jobs for acupuncturists that are eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
We are a start-up nonprofit looking for energetic team players ready to roll up their sleeves and help us grow. We have limited number of hours today, but there is a lot of work to be done. The right person will help us take advantage of new opportunities to expand services and partner with new host sites.
If you can see the possibilities, we want to hear from you.
Cole Alexander, DAOM, LAc
Free Range Health is looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to fill the following position:
Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc)
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) - Eligible: YES
Hourly Rate: $37 - $47/hour for 36 total hours per month (variable 6-12 hours per week) at multiple locations throughout Snohomish County. Potential to add hours rapidly for the right person.
Free Range Health® Hiring Process:
- You must have a current and valid driver license with a clean driving record.
- Submit your resume and a writing sample here.
- If you are selected for an interview, we will reach out to schedule a phone call.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete a Kolbe A assessment. You can find out more here.
- Before any offer of employment, finalists for the position will need to demonstrate clinical skills by providing a TCM treatment including: patient intake and assessment, diagnosis, documentation, acupuncture prescription and technique, and Chinese herbal formulation. Applicants will be compensated for this demonstration.
Education and Professional Requirements:
- DAOM (or ND) Preferred.
- Chinese herb training from an accredited program required.
- WA State acupuncture license active and in good standing at the time employment begins required.
- NCCAOM Diplomate of Oriental Medicine certification active and in good standing required.
- Completion of WA State approved Acupuncture Point Injection Therapy training program.
- If hired and you do not currently have this training, you may register and complete next available class. Training cost will be reimbursed after completion of probationary period.
- Completion of WA State approved 6-Hour Suicide Prevention training program required.
- Completion of WA State approved Telehealth training program required.
- Completion of CPR and basic first aid training within the past 6 months before employment begins required.
- English fluency is required.
- Additional languages spoken optional but encouraged.
- Commitment to advancing TCM through research, education, and meaningful employment.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to write anything from a case study to a fundraising letter to a patient educational flyer. Comfortable with public speaking and one-to-one conversations.
Travel and Vehicle Requirements:
This job requires driving.
- You will need to have reliable transportation as you serve host site clinics and patients around Snohomish County within a 1 hour drive of Marysville, WA.
- Your vehicle should be large enough to transport the clinic supplies and equipment if necessary. This includes zero gravity recliners and supply boxes of needles, sharps containers, gloves, etc. Mileage reimbursement available if asked to transport clinic equipment.
Business, Information, and Communications Technology Requirements:
- Comfortable learning, using, and teaching cloud-based technology
- This job requires a positive and confident approach to asking for financial support.
- You will need to understand our mission and discuss its merits.
- Be able to explain how donations are used in the clinic to help patients and how they are used org wide to further our mission.
- You will need to be organized and creative in finding new ways to raise funds. You will have training, guidance, and support to grow into this skill.
- You will need to be able to stand and walk for an entire 7-hour shift. Our providers routinely clock up to 4500 steps or more during a shift.
- You will need to be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs as you:
- assist patients into and out of seating.
- load and unload the clinic vehicle.
- set up and break down a clinic or some other Free Range Health® event.
- restock the supply room.
- You will need to be able to bend, lift, and stretch as you:
- inventory and organize the Chinese herb stock.
- clean and reorganize the supply room.
- wash and fold clinic linens.
- assist in set up and break down of the clinic.
- assist patients with digital intake, appointment booking, product purchases, or making donations.
- answer Free Range Health® and TCM-related questions.
- oversee, recruit, and assist volunteers to sell products and schedule services.
- oversee clinic appointment schedule and patient flow into the treatment area.
- administer acupuncture, B12 injections, and other on-demand clinic services.
- recommend other Free Range Health® services to patients.
- record patient chart notes in our EHR system.
- complete Provider End of Shift Reports.
- help clinic volunteers complete Volunteer End of Shift Reports.
- Clinic-related support activities such as:
- inventory, restock, and clean the supply room.
- inventory and restock the Chinese herbs.
- clean and restock the clinic boxes and equipment for the next week.
- clean and fold clinic sheets.
- pack vehicle for the next week’s clinics.
Additional Organization Admin and Support Duties:
- Participate in regular staff planning and feedback meetings.
- Participate in an annual evaluation.
- Cross train with the Executive Director to support other areas of the organization.
- Create and oversee small fundraising opportunities to support individual clinic sites
- Create patient educational materials.
- Provide feedback and constructive solutions for improving Provider duties, efficiency, or processes.
Free Range Health is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
A background check and drug screen will be required if offered employment.